~Courtesy of Texas State Library
This company included Pvts. John R. Mangham and Joseph M. Mangum, first cousins who enlisted from Gonzales County.
Thanks to Beth Parsley for a photo of Joe's grave, and a picture of him taken late in the 19th century. John is buried in Nashville, and is one of those whose sole remaining marker is a monument to the men buried in that cemetery; their temporary grave markings in 1861 did not survive to allow individual markers to be emplaced. Click here to see the monument.
Texas Confederate Units & Counties
* Cavalry Companies
- Trinity County Cavalry (Co. E, 7th Cav.)
* Cavalry Regiments
- 7th Regt.
- 8th Regt. (Terry’s Rangers)
- 21st Regt.
* Parsons’s Cavalry Brigade
* Bell * Bastrop * Bexar * Cass * Coryell * Gonzales
* Harrison * Panola * San Saba * Trinity * Tyler * Washington