Note that we found the gravesite of Josiah Thomas Mangham (28th Louisiana) not far from Crawford, Texas. I'll try to find out more about him in the Texas State Library in July 2007.
Mangham, Louisiana, named for Wiley Persons Mangham, a veteran of the 1st Alabama Battalion (later the 25th Alabama Regt.). Click here to see his grave marker.
Louisiana Confederate Units & Parishes
* Artillery Battery
- Bentonís (aka Bell Bty., aka 3rd Field Arty.)
* Infantry Companies
- Claiborne Invincibles (Co. D, 28th La.)
- Claiborne Volunteers (Co. C, 19th La.)
- Walmsley Guards (Co. B, 11th La. Bn.; later Co. K, Consolidated
* Infantry Battalions
- 11th Bn.
* Infantry Regiments
- 19th Regt.
- 28th Regt.
- Consolidated Crescent Regt.
* Infantry Brigades
* Claiborne * Franklin * Lincoln * Natchitoches
* Red River * Richland